To reduce malaria mobility and mortality until the disease is no longer health problem in the country
- To achieve 100% coverage of the people living in endemic areas of 13 districts with effective preventive (LLIN) by 2018
- To have 100% malaria patients received early and quality diagnosis (RDT or Microscopy)and effective treatment in 13 endemic districts by 2018
- To continue strengthening of programme management ,disease and vector surveillance, M&E ,coordination & partnership
- To prevent and contain malaria epidemics through community empowerment.
- Community level diagnosis by Rapid Diagnosis Test (RDT).
- Blood slide examination in one lab and 4(four) sub lab in different strategic location.
- Community Health workers: 10
- Community level treatment by Artemisinin-based Combination Therapy (ACT) and PQ (for PF) and CQ and PQ (for PV)
- Follow up ( PF: Day-3, PV: Day - 3 and Day – 14 )
- Long Lasting Insecticide Net (LLIN) distributed : 56000 (2008-2015)
- Insecticide Treated Net (ITN) done by KO Tab. 1,2,3 : 51137 (2008-2015)
- House-to-house education for promotion and use of LLINs/ITNs
- Household visit
- Courtyard Meeting
- BCC, Advocacy Workshop, Village Doctor Orientation, World Malaria Day, Folk Song and Popular Theatres
- Leaflet, Poster, Flip Chart, Bill board etc.
Achievement May 2008 to June 2015:
Malaria Control Program is covering 148964 populations in 25,525 households. Achievements of the project from May 2008 to June 2015 are following:
|No. of blood slides & RDT taken for malaria diagnosis||20320|
|No. of malaria cases diagnosed||426|
|No. of P. falciparum cases receiving ACT||24|
|No. of P. vivax case receiving CQ+PQ||402|
|No. of popular theatre shows held||18|
|No. of folk song events organized||18|
|No. of orientation sessions on BCC held||33|
|No. of village doctor orientation sessions held||4|
|No. of advocacy workshops organized||10|
|No. of Long Lasting Insecticide (LLIN) distribution||56000|
|No. of Insecticide Treated Net (ITN) done by KO Tab. 1,2,3||51137|
Basic Activities of the Project:
- LLIN/ITN Distribution in this area.
- Blood slide from 4 sub-centres and one Lab Centre.
- RDT taken by the health worker.
- vBCC orientation with chairman, member, teacher and other elite’s person.
- Health education services to the beneficiaries by the health worker.
- Regular monitoring with villagers and health worker.
- Monthly staff meeting.
- Monthly and quarterly reporting to HEED Bangladesh, BRAC and Government.
Future Vision: Malaria free Bangladesh by 2020