Adarsha Gram Project
Adarsha Gram Project-II, a project established and co-funded by the Ministry of Land, Government of Bangladesh and European Union . It is an important contribution to the Govt. of Bangladesh’s poverty alleviation program. The objectives are to focus the extreme poor, homeless and provide them with a shelter or home and community infrastructure. Access to useful skills, practical knowledge and opportunity for their capacity building is also provided to enable and enhance their self-sufficiency.
- To alleviate poverty and socio-economic development of the landless, rootless poor people
- To provide them with a shelter
- To create job opportunities through skill development for their capacity building to ensure their access to alternative livelihood
- Child Literacy Program
- Adult Education Program
- IGA Group Formation
- IGA Training Program
- Savings Group Formation
- Credit distribution
- Awareness Raising Group Formation
- Establishment of Improved Workshop
- Distribution of Trees
Geographical Area: Panchbibi upazila under Joypurhat district
Impacts of Project Implementation:
- Washing their hands before eating meals.
- Take decision in the community level meeting.
- Sufficient food, clothes and medicine for themselves.
- Sending their children to regularly schools.
- Read and write (most of the adult).
- Now own houses and land.
- Arrange amusement for them.
- Capable of continuing group activities.
- Capable of continuing group capacities.
Funded By: European Union
Coordinated by: Government of Bangladesh
Implemented by: HEED Bangladesh
Duration of the Project: 2004-2006